Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Laziness won briefly

Last night, I did nothing but cook and whatnot, meaning no strength-training (and really, I could have - that time eating popcorn could have been spent doing push-ups). And then this morning, it was raining, so no morning run. I will run today, though. If I go at lunch, 3 miles. If I go after work (gym or elsewhere), 4 miles as scheduled. Around lunchtime, I'll check the forecast - I'm thinking Sand Run will be a good spot for today's 4-miler, but I am NOT running in the rain. I do that enough.

I also have a few pictures and a short video I need to upload. They're all the Triumph and nothing really exciting, but I don't want to upload video at work. So hopefully tonight - unless I'm too busy reading The Kid by Sapphire. It's listed as a companion book to Push (the novel that Precious is based on), and already it's just as heart-breaking. I gather it's also more disturbing that Push. It follows the life of her son after she dies of HIV-related complications. Life does not go well for him, it seems.

Bossypants is waiting for me at the library, and I'm going to pick it up today, along with a book about James Meredith, the first African-American to go to University of Mississippi (my dad was part of the military presence there). I'm hoping alternating books will keep me from getting too depressed about The Kid.

No comments: