Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this series, and I thought the author wrapped it up nicely. The triangle was done well, despite my initial fears, and the descriptions of this new society were well-written and also left enough to the imagination.

It's just so cool to have a heroine who is strong and moral, but also flawed (and well-aware of her own flaws). When she's being annoying or unreasonable, it's believable and mostly easy to remain empathetic. Above all, she's a survivor.

It was a little frustrating only having her side of the story. Other characters had such interesting paths, but I suppose you can't write them all. It's good - a trilogy leaving me wanting more (although I have no interest in "what's happening now.")

View all my reviews

No comments: