Friday, December 24, 2010

In Holiday Mode

Today is my first day off of my company's holiday shutdown, and I'm so happy to be able to sleep in and run outside. I just wish that the sidewalks were clearer. The temperature was fine -- 26 degrees is warm enough when you're moving and dressed appropriately -- but the sidewalks were really snowy and pretty icy in some places. My new Vasque shoes kicked ass, though. A couple of times I tried running the streets. Where it was clear, it was awesome, but the side streets aren't clear -- kind of felt like running in sand. So at least I got in a good workout.

And lunch was relatively healthy too. I had leftover soup with pork tenderloin, cubanelles, and other goodies. I added a 1/2 cup of spinach to up the vegetable count. Paired with chips (and salsa and bean dip!) and finished with a clementine. I know I'll easily get my five servings of fruits/vegetables today. Lunch was 2 1/2 or so, and I have some berries for later. Dinner will include a ton of pasta sauce for me along with salad.

I should probably go be productive, but instead I'll leave you with my thoughts on tattoos. I'm getting another next week (finally! Thanks, Steel City Rockers vs. Mods! I'll post pictures, but the tattoo is oddly appropriate given the sponsor), but I'm already planning one to follow: the lucky cat.


Maybe the lucky cat can be my reward for doing the 10k in an hour? I am SO FAR from being able to run 10-minute miles for an hour, but I have six months -- should be doable, right?

I am such a cat person. Unfortunately all three of mine are sleeping. Dallas was staring longingly at my lunch -- which I did not share -- but I think she went back to bed with the boys. Lucky cats.

No comments: