Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas #1 is complete

Christmas at my parents' house brought more than the usual presents and good company. It also brought new winter boots and new trail running shoes, neither of which was cheap unfortunately. I've been wearing the Columbia boots for a couple of days, and they are toasty warm! Way better than my high-top Chuck Taylors or old running shoes that were serving as winter shoes.

Columbia Slopeside Omni Heat Boots

This picture doesn't really show how cute they are, but I'm too lazy to take another. I probably would have chosen another color if there'd been one in the store. I actually liked another pair better (they were higher), but since they didn't have my size -- and they were $30 more expensive -- I stuck with these.

I'm also pretty excited to try out the trail running shoes from Vasque. They're Gore-Tex and the tread is super-grippy, so I think they'll be good for winter running.

(Apparently Saturday was a day of instant gratification for me and shoes. I did look up the shoes I bought online to see how the prices compared. The boots were the going rate, but I saved $10 on the running shoes.)

December has pretty much sent me to the treadmill, but I'm hoping that next week when I'm off, I'll have a chance to go to Sand Run and try out the new shoes.

I also signed up for a 10k in May. It's during the Cleveland Marathon. I would love, love, love to be able to run it in an hour, so I'm trying to be really consistent on my training. I started the Bridge to 10k program last week and completed week one this morning. It's an eight-week program, I think, so I figure I'll be set on running the 6.2 miles after I finish it, and then I'll be able to focus on speed until the 10k.

No comments: