Saturday, October 23, 2010

I finished!


before the 'run'
Originally uploaded by adrienna

Today was my first completed 5k! I finished in just over 33 minutes, so I can't really complain. Aaron finished around 30, which is awesome!

I felt like such a fraud beforehand. Aaron comes upstairs and says, "You look like a real runner." I also felt very judgmental when we were milling around before the run -- I'll do better than him, she'll smoke my ass, etc. And often, I was wrong, wrong, wrong on those assessments -- hilarious! And lesson-learning, right?

Of course, since I stopped running, I've been sneezing and blowing my nose constantly. Glad that didn't happen while I was running. Or shuffling, which would be a better description. I learned another lesson: I cannot run (or shuffle) and drink water out of a cup at the same time. I inhaled water and spilled it down my shirt. Classy.

Off to shower and head to Parkersburg for a masquerade ball/30th birthday party. Weekend is off to a good start!

No comments: