Friday, January 29, 2010

It's the weekend... and lots of motorcycle talk

As I wait for Matthew and Ali to arrive, I thought I'd post a quick update. Tomorrow is the motorcycle show, an event we attend every year. It's fun to go with friends. Unfortunately Triumph won't be there -- they never are -- but it's still fun to sit on different bikes.

Speaking of Triumph, I am kicking up my research for a future purchase. I'm thinking a late 60s/early 70s Trophy or Tiger, but that's just a preliminary decision. I saw a gorgeous 1970 Trophy, practically perfect, go for $7300 this week on eBay. I'm not looking for something pristine or restoration-perfect, but I do want something nice and rideable, nearly immediately.

But the purchase won't be immediate. I'm expecting to research for a year or so. I have upgrades for my modern Triumph. I already bought the new exhaust, and I also want to buy the Laminar Lip and the LSL bar riser kit. Then I'll be set -- and onto my Stella.

New exhaust next winter, I think. Then a 177 kit the year after that.

In the meantime, we've sort of started on the Sprint that we won at Band Camp. We have a junkyard Stella who's donating the engine for the Sprint. I can't wait until it's on the road!

No comments: